Sunday, November 25, 2007

Amazing Audi Ride

On one of my recent trips to Bangalore I was at the Dadar station waiting to share a cab with couple of other people and get back to Pune. Waited for good 15 mins nothing happened and then it was then I decided to move on and walked out to check out other options. There I saw an Audi A6 and couldn’t believe my eyes and these guys were looking for people who want to go to Pune.

There I thought was my chance to get a ride to Pune in a car that costs a little over 2.5 crores for just Rs. 250. I wanted to see the action from close quarters so I thought of occupying the front seat. But someone is already sitting in the seat and I told the guy I can pay up to 300 instead of 250. May be, I was hell bent upon taking the front seat at any cost. I would have given him any amount he wanted for the ride in the front seat. But the guy managed to convince the other guy for me and there I am in the front seat. Started chatting with the driver and clicked some pictures of the car.

Totally amazed and excited about the ride I started talking to the driver making cpl of guesses about the owner of the vehicle. There is something you guys have to know about the driver. He speaks flawless English and for the record he smokes Wills Insignia, which is one of the premium cigarette brands. When asked the guy about the max speed the vehicle can reach he very well said that it is for me to see and experience rather than he telling me. Now, I knew there is something exciting is store.

Once we reached the outskirts he got a chance to showcase the power and performance of the vehicle. The vehicle had a choice of manual and automatic transmission and the guy chose to drive with the automatic transmission on and to accelerate from 0 to 3000 rpm the vehicle never took more than 4-5 seconds. The dashboard has a screen, which displays the info of the vehicle performance like the engine temperature and pressure in the tyres, which could as well be used to connect to system and use it as a DVD display unit. The seats are so comfortable that they had pneumatic controls to adjust rather than the mechanical controls. And a feather touch would do the trick. And at 220 – 240 Km/hr the vehicle showed no signs of wobbling as with Indian vehicles do when they touch 130 Km/hr. The guy has an excellent control over the vehicle that he touched close to 240 Km/h on the expressway. Although he did some pretty risky drifting during the ride I thought it was worth it and despite heavy traffic we reached Pune in straight 2 hours.


Was I lucky or was I destined to get a ride in Audi A6 on that day or is it something like “being at the right place at the right time and playing your cards right to grab that opportunity”. Well, who cares, I had an experience of a lifetime (will for sure cherish throughout my life or at least still I own a better car than an Audi).

Look out for some pictures of Audi in my next post.

No comments: